Saturday 12 December 2009

Cream Crackered

Absolutely shattered but feeling fairly triumphant. All my work projects went well and winding down for Christmas now as work closes for 2 weeks at Christmas. The house is relatively prepared already too! First time in many years that we've been so organised. Hoping to avoid the usual pre-xmas stress this year. Feeling tired but on the whole I have definitely been getting stronger this year. Seem to be over the worst of the university induced relapse. Fingers crossed things will keep on an even keel for a while.

Looking forward to the up-coming festivities. Some amusing things about working where I do is the crazy things that can happen. Volunteers bring their pet dogs in with them sometimes. I opened the back office door and out jumped a young spaniel leaping round the main office rushing past everyone who tried to catch him. Said dog ran up the stairs around all the rooms up there and back down again until I managed to hook its lead on in a rather deft manoeuvre (if I say so myself) and find his owner (who had gone to make a drink). There was also an atmosphere of carry-on this week too. Whilst preparing for an event which required providing jugs of water there was much laughter over the fact a colleague announced that she had the 'big jugs'. On the same day another colleague stated that his 'little knob fell off' (the drawers). Stupid and immature to laugh at such things but it does make the working day easier to have a giggle.

A friend came to stay last weekend which was really nice and I dragged her along to the museum's Christmas weekend event, which she thoroughly enjoyed and even wants to come back for the next event. Nice to show people my work, I've become quite proud of it so I like it when other people like the place too. It is a crazily chaotic place to work but I love it all the same. I still worry about things ALL the time but am getting better at coping with pressure again now and to control my rampant self-doubt and perfectionism.

No comments:

Post a Comment